Friday, January 8, 2016

How does human mind treat FACTS and STORIES?



Here is a non-IT  article that discusses how Human Mind reacts to stories.


From the Article:

When a fact is plausible, we still need to test it. When a story is plausible, we often assume it’s true.


 I might refuse money to a man who says that his car broke down; I might question him, ask to see his stalled vehicle, or offer him a ride to a gas station. But I’m unlikely to refuse if the man says that he is trying to make it to his sick child. I can dismiss your hard logic, but not how you feel. 
Give me a list of reasons, and I can argue with it. Give me a good story, and I can no longer quite put my finger on what, if anything, should set off my alarm bells.

Check the link below
http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/how-stories-deceive

No comments:

Post a Comment