Monday, January 11, 2016

Interesting - Seven factors that contribute to the normalization of deviance:


Normalization of deviance:
Means that people within the organization become so much accustomed to a deviant behavior that they don't consider it as deviant, despite the fact that they far exceed their own rules for the elementary safety)

 By John Banja , for Healthcare industry.
I am sure it can be generally applied


  1. The rules are stupid and inefficient!
  2. Knowledge is imperfect and uneven.
  3. The work itself, along with new technology, can disrupt work behaviors and rule compliance.
  4. I'm breaking the rule for the good of my patient!
  5. The rules don't apply to me/you can trust me.
  6. Workers are afraid to speak up.
  7. Leadership withholding or diluting findings on system problems





For more details:

No comments:

Post a Comment