Thursday, November 30, 2017

HP (once a great company, now,) Installs Telemetry software without the user permission and sends data back once a day.



And, HP customers also complained that the installation slowed down their system significantly.



"So today all of a sudden, I'm experiencing a considerable slowdown in my laptop (Pavilion P3V59PA). Once I look for the problem in Task Manager, I found out that the program called HP Touchpoint Analytics Client (and it's subsequent follow up) constantly jumping the memory usage (~300Mb at a minimum, ~nearly 2Mb at maximum)."
 "I don't remember ever installing this program whatsoever, and in control panel, I found that for some reason this program was silently installed today, without my consent
For More:
https://thehackernews.com/2017/11/hp-computers-telemetry-data.html

No comments:

Post a Comment