Thursday, February 27, 2014

Google, Microsoft agree: Cloud is now safe enough to use

Why not after all these companies stand to benefit from cloud adoption

(I like Schneier's view)

Schneier said that the way to make the cloud more secure depends entirely on the ability of companies to build strong bonds of trust.

"Fundamentally, 'cloud' means to me your data on somebody else's hard drive. Do I trust that other legal entity with my data on their hard drive?"


"It's not an all-or-nothing strategy," Feigenbaum said. He described three kinds of data that most companies produce: public data, sensitive data, and top secret data. The first two, he said, are acceptable for the cloud.
(I don't know if I would agree with the "SENSITIVE" part)

The link below has more details:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57619615-83/google-microsoft-agree-cloud-is-now-safe-enough-to-use

No comments:

Post a Comment